Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Walgreens Breakdown

OK Couponers, now that you have seen a few of the great deals Walgreens has going on this week, let me breakdown for you what I would do with these great prices.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Transaction 1
Buy 1 Venus & Olay Razor – Sale $8.99
Use $4/1 MC from July P&G Insert

Pay $4.99, receive $4 RR
Transaction 2
Buy 1 Right guard Deodorant – Sale Price $2.99
Buy 1 Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons- Sale Price - $3.99
-Use $1/1 MC from Sunday Smart Source
-Use $4 RR from Transaction 1-

Pay $1.98 OOP, Receive $1 RR and $2 RR

You could stop here and save the RR for your next shopping trip to Walgreens, as a couponer you will be going at least once a week.  I buy 4 papers each week so I try to use all the coupons I can.  In my experience, the staff at Walgreens are very friendly and encouraging to us couponers.  It is best to go to the beauty counter when doing multiple transactions.  Allow any customer do go ahead of you if possible.  Remember, it may seem overwhelming at first, but once you have it down, it’s cake.  In this case I would repeat these transactions adding the RR from the previous transactions.  Remember, at Walgreens, you must have a “filler” if you have more coupons than items.  A Filler is simply a low priced item that does not require a coupon.  This week, Walgreens has 2 pocket folders with prongs for just $.15.  Not only do I need to pick a few up for my daughter’s school supply list, they will make great fillers.  If you plan to complete Transaction 3, see what I have done below for an example.

Transaction 3
Buy 1 Venus & Olay Razor – Sale $8.99
Use $4/1 MC from July P&G Insert
Buy 2 Oxford/Wexford 2 prong folders $.15 ea.
Use $1RR and $2RR from transaction 2

Pay $2.29, receive $4 RR

Total for all 3 transactions, $9.26 OOP with $4 RR remaining so it’s like paying $5.26 for about $31 or retail merchandise.  (retail price calculated before sale price)

NOT  SHABBY!

No comments:

Post a Comment